Frenkie De Jong is a gem that has been moving to Barcelona lately. Here are some interesting facts about fresh signing.
About the Player
A right-footed midfielder is about the Player De Jong. He has a great equilibrium and might surprise everyone with his dribbling capacity. He has excellent speed, control, tactical mind presence, and sharp decision-making. Every time of the match, he can be decisive.
- 10 May 2015: Willem II’s senior debut, two days before his 18th birthday as a substitute for Den Haag.
- 22 August 2015: Joins Ajax aged 18 but for the first half of the following season is loaned back to Willem II.
- 25 January 2016: Jong Ajax’s first professional target of 2-0 NAC Breda defeat.
- 21 September 2016: Ajax debut against former Willem II club in a cup game.
- 6 September 2018: Senior Dutch debut as a half-time replacement in a 2-1 friendly victory over Peru.
- 23 January 2019: Signs on a five-year agreement for Barcelona. Source: UEFA] Club
Future at Club
De Jong’s future must retain its position at the start of X1, as there is so much competition at the moment. He plays at Sergio Busquets ‘ position, which can not be substituted readily. But he will be permanently discovered in beginning 11 in two or three years as the player of his caliber nowhere.
There are many midfielders in Barcelona, however, but Rakitic’s possible departure might assist him to seal his position. There was a condition in his clause that the player would be in the start lineup. So now it’s becoming more exciting as he’s going to occupy one of the squad’s locations and show off his talent every day.